Thursday, January 10, 2008

Even More Reasons Why Being EXTRAORDINARY Is Kool





I'm a huge fan of Alan Moore's writing. I first read the first volume of "The League Of ExtraOrdinary GentleMen" after I had seen the film, which I liked by the way, YEAH YEAH, I know I'm one of the few who dig it, but that what makes people great, We all have Our Own Minds. I thought the book was so much better was much better than the film and with that I got right into volume two soon after. The way Alan Moore manages to blend literature into each other by teaming Dr. Jekyll & Mr.Hyde (Robert Louis Stevenson) with Captain Nemo (Jules Verne's "Twenty ThouSand Leagues Under The Sea) into Miss Wilhelmina Murray (Bram Stroker's Dracula) then mashed with Allan QauterMain (HAha, Literally, Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge.....Word To Monty Python) (H. Rider Haggard's King Solomon's Mines) and adding in some Hawley Griffin, AKA, The InVisible Man ( H.G Wells) is by far one of the most outstanding, thought provoking and down right FUN reads I've ever had.

That Said.....
I just got the new LEAGUE Book, named "The Black Dossier." It's meant to be a literal dossier, background, on the members of "The League" plus more. It has a 3D section and the glasses to go with it and a "Tijuana Bible" ( an eight paged "dirty book" that were made during the 1920's to early 1960's), HAha, What More Could you Ask For.

Go Pick Up The Books Folks. With The Writer's Guild Of America on strike, and alot of really bad television on and more to come, feed Your Brains something truly beautiful, while supporting one greatest writers the world has known.

HOTEP
RTNC

No comments: